RE: [TR] K&N Oil Filter

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] K&N Oil Filter
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 16:46:06 -0700
Gary J. Hamilton wrote :

>       Read this, & for cost, what are we talking about 2 filters a year?
>  Hardly a big cost difference for quality for our LBC's.
>
>       http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html

I'm not quibbling over price; I am asking about performance.  That study
only compares the author's opinion of the appearance of the filter; not how
well it actually cleans oil.

Also, he only looks at filters listed for a particular application.  Which
means his results as to comparative filter element area and so on may or may
not be valid for a different application.  It doesn't take very long poring
over oil filter cross-references to figure out that some filter brands have
a different range of application than others.

This application has has bypass and anti-drainback valves, which presumably
the element used for spin-on conversions does not (since the original
cartridge did not).

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org