Re: [TR] Water Pump Rebuilding

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Water Pump Rebuilding
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 05:58:04 -0700
Jim Bauder wrote:
> Listers,
>
> Over the years I seem to remember that there have been several discussions on
> the list about rebuilding the TR3, etc. water pumps. It seems that the pumps
> available from the usual suppliers are fine and they work, but they are not
> original enough for some of us anal compulsive types!

Gosh Jim!  You know how to make a girl feel bad.

Very recently I've been getting rid of all those possessions that
encumber my life to take care of that I never use.  Just last week I
went through a big file cabinet full of stuff I've saved for reference
but never seem to refer to.  That included back issues of Triumph club
newsletters, VTR and TRA newsletters going back into the mid 1980's.

I know in there was an article on rebuilding TR3 water pumps that
included Massey Ferguson part numbers for the bearings and seals.  The
parts were (are??) available to keep the old tractors running.

Why is it that you never use something for 20 years then you have a use
for it right after you get rid of it???

My goal is to eliminate possessions that I no longer use or that I've
kept just because it might come in handy one of these days.

For people local to Monterey bay that means I'm putting a good condition
TR3A cylinder head and a set of 4 knock off Minilite look alike wheels
up for sale.

Its kinda like weight watchers for possessions

TeriAnn

===     http://www.vtr.org