Re: [TR] Silent Blocks TR3 steering

To: mikedenman@sbcglobal.net, tr3driver@ca.rr.com,
Subject: Re: [TR] Silent Blocks TR3 steering
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 19:25:31 EDT
In a message dated 6/11/2007 9:17:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mikedenman@sbcglobal.net writes:

A second  question...  the seal on the steering idler is shown (Moss
part#  520-030) but is unavailable from Moss. What are the list members doing
to  replace this seal?

Seal is a misnomer for this part.  Think more like cover to keep  dirt out.
It does not seal grease in.  An O ring will work just as  well.
I am interested in your comments/questions about the silentbloc.  I  just
rebuilt my steering (box and all) and do wish that I had gone the route  that
Randall went with the brass bushes.  IMO the silentbloc was probably  an OK
design originally, but it has likely lost something in the transition to
restoration part.  I have spent a great amount of time and detail getting  this
right
and am unhappy with those new silentblocs.  I even took it all  completely
apart a second time to see if there was some tweaking I had missed on  the
first
go around.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L