RE: [TR] TR4A Front Suspension

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR4A Front Suspension
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:40:11 -0700
> my TR4-TR4A workshop manual shows a distance piece.
>
> So is this a TR4 part, or should I have one on the 4A?

There are different springs around, some used with and some used without the
distance piece.  If the ride height was OK before, then you must have springs
designed to be used without the distance piece.

> Finally when using a distance piece is a third spring packing
> needed on top of the distance piece?  That's how it is
> pictured in thte Moss catalog...however not in my workshop manual.

Parts catalog also shows 3 packings.  But it's not unusual for people to take
one or more of them out, to lower the ride height a bit.  Might cause some
squeaks, though.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org