[TR] TR4A Front Suspension

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR4A Front Suspension
From: Michael Godley <mgodley@tiac.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:03:12 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Hello listers

I have a question about the front suspension on my 65 TR4A. Noticed during
dis-assembly that there were no distance pieces on top of the front springs.

My springs are 9.75"  in length and Moss has a specific part number part number
661-670 on their TR4A suspension page to be used with the "short springs" that
are approx 9.5 ".  ALso my TR4-TR4A workshop manual shows a distance piece.

So is this a TR4 part, or should I have one on the 4A?  FYI, I have had the car
since 1974 and did some front end work 30 years ago .... don't recall them
being in place or having extra parts left over at that time:)

Finally when using a distance piece is a third spring packing needed on top of
the distance piece?  That's how it is pictured in thte Moss catalog...however
not in my workshop manual.

Thanks in advance for your counsel

Mike Godley

===     http://www.vtr.org