Re: [TR] TR4 Carpet install

To: richhalpern@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Carpet install
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 22:08:04 -0400
On Wednesday 06 June 2007 01:42 pm, richhalpern@verizon.net wrote:
> All,
>
> The good news is that the bodywork is done on the TR4 and I am ready for
> paint. I guess the bad is that after it comes back from the paint shop, it
> is time to install the new interior. I am wondering if I can tap any
> experience installing a TR4 carpet set. Do I have to use the traditional
> snaps (the new floors have none), or is there another, more modern way to
> keep the carpet and pad in place.
>
> Regards,
> Rich
> 61 TR4 (almost ready to roll)

Rich,

I installed the 2 snaps on the front floor carpets my recent carpet install.

Snaps were also used on the transmission tunnel pieces.

I glued the small pieces over the inner sills as well as the vertical part
behind the seats. Now the same part on the horizontal is not glued. It
attaches with lift-o-dot females over 4 males which secure the rear hoodstick
cover.

The side panels are screwed in the rear (3) screws. and on the left the
forward part of the panel is held in with the high beam switch. On the right,
I installed 2 screws forward and 3 in the rear as in the left side.

The carpets under the seat are held in with the seat hardware as George said.

The snaps on the front pieces are optional. I did it due to originality only.
They sit pretty flat without the snaps.

I wanted to go with grey, but TRF recommended I not use Grey due to the
fading. I went with black and it looks real nice. TRF does a good job on
carpets these days.

Remember to take your time, it is not a hard job.

Also remember to install your wheel well covers, rear 1/4 panels, the gas tank
panel and all 3 hoodstick covers before carpet is installed. Those wheel well
covers do take glue and some patience!

Have fun!

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org