Re: [TR] TR4 Carpet install

To: <richhalpern@verizon.net>, "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Carpet install
From: "Geo & Kathleen Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 14:15:37 -0700
As I recall, the carpet on the forward floorboards lays there just fine...
held by a pair of metal clips at the forward/upper edge (don't get your
finger caught in one of those!).  The carpet under the seat is clamped down
by virtue of the seat tracks.  The piece that goes over the hump on the rear
deck is glued, as is the part of the rear carpet that covers that vertical
surface behind the seats.

The tunnel pieces (gearbox & propshaft) use those snaps that fasten to the
carpet with spiky rings.  I good way I think as you're likely be pulling
them off from time to time.

The inside rocker pieces get clamped by the door trim... I think I just let
them hang and get tucked under the floor carpet (no glue).

The kick panels have screws along the front edge, maybe some adhesive too
(don't remember) though the forward area of the driver's side kick panel is
pretty well clamped in place by the dipper switch bracket.

What's I miss?

In general I like to glue as little as possible so everything can come out
to dry on the line when I get a soaking.

Geo

PS - Are you getting the grey carpet?  That has been my biggest
disappointment as mine changed color to a shade of orange-grey.  They (TRF)
may have improved the UV resistance since I got mine 5 years ago.