Re: [TR] Stromberg Carbs Idle vs Vent Lever

To: tr3driver@ca.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Stromberg Carbs Idle vs Vent Lever
From: Harrymague@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 23:40:45 EDT
Randall, I finally figured it out with the help of the BL carb pages.   It
does make a difference when it miss adjusted.  It pulls the vapors for  the
fuel
bowl, riching the mixture.  Then when you turn down the idle and  it closes
the value, the mixture suddenly goes lean and stalls.  Using the  BL
literature, blowning into the vent valve outlet, you can determine when the
valve opens
and closes, you can then set it correctly.  When I did this,  the carbs/car
idled great.
Harry Mague

Learned a lot for this little problem.

===     http://www.vtr.org