Re: [TR] Testing the TR3's switch and several wires

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>, "TR List"
Subject: Re: [TR] Testing the TR3's switch and several wires
From: "Geo & Kathleen Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 18:12:12 -0700
You may have been taking the diagram too literally, anyway the second set-up
is correct, i.e. the white/red wire goes to the small middle terminal.  You
are also correct that the brown wire is not needed for what you want to do.

Sooo... the possibilities may be that:  1) you have a weak battery, enough
to click the solenoid but not turn the starter  2) you have a poor
connection at one of the big solenoid posts or at the starter (these need to
be clean & tight)   3) you have a poor ground (or no ground) to the engine
block (ground strap goes from LF motor mount to a bolt on the timing cover)
or 4) the starter is jammed in the flywheel (you would be unable to turn the
engine by hand if this were the case).

Other things are possible but those are likely suspects.

Geo