Re: [TR] Tach Screaming At Me

To: <TeamTiger21@aol.com>, "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Tach Screaming At Me
From: "Geo & Kathleen Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 18:35:50 -0700
I would start by lubing the cable and see if that helps.  I would avoid
using lube on the delicate inside bits as that is likely to do more harm
than good.

One can lube the odo gears but that's not your problem as they turn too
slowly to scream. (Oops, upon proofreading I realize this is very unlikely
to be a problem in a tach).

Different opinions on what to lube with... I use grease on the withdrawn
inner cable then reinsert.  Some like graphite.  Oil is probably not good as
it might migrate to somewhere you don't want it to be.

Geo