Re: [TR] Brake pulling right - rear left cylinder?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Brake pulling right - rear left cylinder?
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 20:22:03 -0400
On 3 Jun 2007 at 19:09, Pat Fischer wrote:

> Can a leak in the left rear wheel cause pulling to the right that feels
> like it's in the front? Or do we look for another cause?

I'd think it unlikely that an imbalance in the rear would make a hugh
difference.  In any case, a leak in any cylinder would mean a loss of
pressure on all wheels fed from the same line.  In a dual system that
would usually mean both rear wheels or both fronts.

A more likely cause is that one cylinder or caliper isn't releasing
properly.  This makes that one heat up so that the next time you hit
the brakes it doesn't grab like it should.  If the car pulls to the
right on braking the stuck brake would be on the left.  Of course,
you can probably observe that after driving for a bit that wheel or
hub or disk is hotter than the other.  (Be careful.)  If you can't
feel any temperature difference between left and right wheels, at
either front or back, then look for some other cause.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com

--