Re: [TR] weak spark

To: KingR44916@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TR] weak spark
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 09:09:32 -0400
On Sunday 03 June 2007 08:13 am, KingR44916@aol.com wrote:
> degreased the motor yesterday and now can't get the car to start.very weak
> spark if some water got on the coil leads can that damage it it was brand
> new .should there be a spark at the points when i crank it over with the
> cap off

Hello,

Sounds like you have moisture in the distributor. Or water in the plug leads.

If you open the points gap, there should be a auditable spark due to the
opening and closing of the 12V. You dont need to turn the engine over as long
as the points are closed.

Water along with some oil can make a good conductor and short things out.

Back in my early LBC days driving a 57 MGA, everytime it rained, the engine
would stop. I would have to dry off the distributor cap and watch out for
puddles!

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org