[TR] Starter

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Starter
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:05:43 -0400
I have a Lucas 26043A starter as used on the TR2 but it is in need of
a rebuild.  My local hotshot can easily rebuild it but lacks the
front end parts.  Getting a rebuilt one from the States (I am in
Canada) results in ridiculous shipping and taxes costs.  So unless
someone was coming up to Toronto........ The Moss catalog shows a
rebuilt starter but shows the parts required to rebuild it as
N/A.  It is essential that I have Lucas ones as it is going into an
'original' car.

Does anyone know where I can get parts - or does someone have the
parts to part out?

Regards

Barrie Robinson
705-721-9060
MGB GT V8
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII in the wings
http://www.britishv8.org/MG/BarrieRobinson.htm

PURVEYOR  of O-ring kits for Smith and Jaeger gauges
                         Stainless steel mesh grilles for MGBs
                         High-tech sound deadening materials
                       .........and Exotic wood gear lever knobs

===     http://www.vtr.org