Re: [TR] Adj. SU's leaner

To: "Cosmo Kramer" <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Adj. SU's leaner
From: "David Brister" <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:44:27 +0200
Yes, you've got the orientation quite right. If you lean out too much you
will get overheating and perhaps pre ignition.
FWIW I have found the best all round setting for performance all round
including fuel consumption is to have the SUs' mixture adjusted as per their
book, i.e you lift the throttle slide a tiny bit and the revs rise a little.
Having the carbs synchronised also makes an enormous difference to the car's
smooth ruuning. The Haynes book outlines this procedure quite well.
I have also found that this test is only relevant and effective when the
ignition system and timing is in good condition and adjusted as described in
the Triumph TR4A Manual .
Of course other listers MMV!
One eurocents worth from
David Brister.
1967 TR4A.

--
It has removed 4119 spam emails to date.

===     http://www.vtr.org