[TR] Questions about sill replacement on a TR3

To: list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Questions about sill replacement on a TR3
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 0:38:22 -0500
I have been studying Dave Connitt's TR4 - Bodywork/Driver Side sills and
floorpans at
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a/TR4A_Restoration/index.html

I am planning how to go about replacing the floors and sills in my TR3.  I
have taken these pieces only out of the driver's side, so far.  I have
tentatively placed the floorpan in-
(q1)should I take out this floorpan prior to installing the inner and outer
sill?
(q2) Is it best to weld the inner and outer sill togather before installing
them on the car?
(q3) I had the new sills powdercoated white and floorpans powdercoated black
about a year ago, however, I already see pin-size rust coming thru (on the
white sills)- should I worry about it?
(q4) Dave Connitt says to seal the sills with end caps- howcome nobody sells
them?  Is it essential?
(q5) nobody seems to say it, but shouldn't I install 2
square-floorpan-mounting-pads ABOVE the sill and the other 2 square-pads BELOW
the sill (for a total of 4 at each outrigger attachment?)

Thanks, and you can just refer to the question number (to make it easier)
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A

===     http://www.vtr.org