RE: [TR] Axle oil seal - shims problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] Axle oil seal - shims problem
From: Adrian Jones <adrianjones747@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 19:18:07 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Well, I've taken a look at the shims:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/AdrianJones34/Shims.jpg

As you can see, there are 4 of them - the top two have a crease, no breakage.
Should I go ahead and replace them or just sandwich them between the 2 good
ones?

The combined thickness (as measured with a vernier caliper) is 1/16"  (Can't
find the set of micrometers I had).  I'm guessing, by the flexability, that
they are one each of the 4 different sizes that are sold by the Big 3 ie.,
0.006. 0.008, 1/64 and 1/32.

I was just going to order up a 1/32 to go with the (good) original 1/32.

Does that sound reasonable or do I need to more concerned and get these
properly measured.

Needless to say I didn't measure the float (?) before I dismantled.

Regards,  Adrian TS58324

===     http://www.vtr.org