[TR] TR4/4A Overdrive

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4/4A Overdrive
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 14:13:36 -0700
I'm preparing to install an OD gearbox and need some guidance from
someone who has an original OD installtion in a TR4 or 4A.

Specifically I'm looking for the location and size of the additional
hole(s) in the tunnel.  I realize there possibly isn't anyone who has
one lying around open for exact measurement or a photo so an
approximation from memory may have to do.  To make it easier to describe
where the hole is there is this chart:

http://www.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/Tunnel%20Chart.JPG

I realize I could put the hole(s) anywhere handy & no one would know but
if I'm going to do this it takes just a little more work to try to copy
the original location, size & grommet.

Also -- I have seen photos of additional holes people have put on the
left side of the tunnel to R&R the solenoid and an access panel added to
the right side of the tunnel (Roger Williams book) to 'service the
speedo drive'.  Are these areas that require frequent enough
maintenance, adjustment or repair to warrent such access points?   The
tunnel is a bit of a PITA to remove but assuming I leave it off until
the initial installation is sorted out how useful are these other holes
likely to be?

Thanks for your help... more questions likely though I will give the
archives a chance first if I can get them to work (got jibberish this
time)..

Geo H