Re: [TR] Leather Quality

To: "John Gillis" <jgillis@tcd.ie>, list <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Leather Quality
From: Ted <triumph66@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:23:34 -0500
Hi John,  I have Bill Hirsch's samples, and they are indeed first
class.  His prices for wool carpet and 1st class leather in every
high-end grade are also 1st class.

Some of the best hides are now tanned in Mexico, given their
experience and less stringent regulations.  Cuinba and Teneria Azteca
are the two dominant leather manufacturer's for Lexus, Merc, and other
makers.

Bill Hirsch Auto
396 Littleton Ave.
Newark, NJ 07103
800-828-2061
www.hirschauto.com
One of the few importers of Connolly Leather and Wilton Wool carpets.

For a good illustration on leather interiors and differences in hides,
methods, etc., see
Tom Yang's Ferrari pages:
www.tomyang.net/cars/ferrari.html?http://www.tomyang.net/cars/tips.htm
Click on the absolute last link Upholstery Details

Another firm that only does wholesale, but carries high-end hides is
Buffalo-based,
Garrett Leather
1360 Niagara Street
Buffalo NY 14213