RE: [TR] Dash light dimmer knob

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Dash light dimmer knob
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:25:05 -0800
> On another note, someone a while back mentioned buying a new wiring
> harness for their TR-6.  This was not an original one, but one with a
> larger number of fuses

Wasn't me, but I would guess that was the Dan Masters upgrade harness,
available at
http://www.advanceautowire.com/

> (how in the name of God did Leyland
> imagine THREE
> fuses were enough!)

I've always enjoyed the comment in the Laycock OD manual, which basically
says they didn't fuse the OD because the fuse might fail at an inopportune
moment, and over-rev the engine.  Obviously, electrical fires are minor
problems relative to over-revving the engine <G>

It's also worth noting that the Triumph Stag has lots more fuses than the
TR6 (including one for the OD), which kind of suggests that fuses were
considered expensive.  The TR6 being a relatively inexpensive car, didn't
have as many (and as I recall, early Heralds had none at all).

> Whoever did this, can
> they tell me how difficult the job was, and where they
> acquired the harness?

I've not installed the harness for my TR3 yet, but it looks fairly
straightforward, if a bit time consuming.  Of course, it will depend a great
deal on how comfortable you are with working with electricity.  The harness
I got needs to be trimmed to length, and have connectors added to each of
the wires that mates with something on the car.

Randall

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its
affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to
third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic
mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying
of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

===     http://www.vtr.org