Re: [TR] TR3A Grill

To: suhringtr36@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Grill
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 21:16:38 EST
In a message dated 11/8/2006 4:07:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,
suhringtr36@comcast.net writes:

As I  have restarted the last stages of my '59 TR3 restoration, I have a  poll
question to ask the list's fellow TR3 owners.  Does your grill  bow in, out
or is it straight across?  Before the body shop does final  priming of the
body for painting, I want the grill fitted so that I do not  have to struggle
with damaging the new paint job.  It is very close  but needs some adjusting
and I have usually seen them bowed in, but wanted  to see what you all have
to add to this.

Thanks.

Scott  Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA

Scott
Back in the early 60-s when I bought my TR3A, JC Whitney sold TR3A grilles.
They were slightly too wide (tall) and you had to bow them in to fit. I
finally  had my apron reshaped to fit a replacement grille (made taller)
because it
shouldn't bow in. I bought a brand new grill and had the body man shape the
apron to fit the grill.
Now, I see that Roadster factory has the correct height grills (which means
it will not be tall enough for my apron!
Best, Mike Moore

===     http://www.vtr.org