Re: [TR] Thrust washers

To: "David Brister" <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>,
Subject: Re: [TR] Thrust washers
From: "Jerry Van Vlack" <jerryvv@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 13:26:25 -0500
David, how's the south of France these days?
The TR 4 manual that I have says an acceptable wear limit for the Crankshaft
end float is .015 so you appear to be within that limit at .012. However
taking the measurement where you took it might not be as accurate as taking
it at the trust washer face to crankshaft surface which is controlled at the
center main bearing cap area. I will try to send you via a separate e-mail a
PDF file of the page in the manual which shows how and where to take this
measurement.
Hope this helps,
JVV