[TR] Thrust washers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Thrust washers
From: "David Brister" <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 18:35:36 +0100
Respected listers,

I have dropped my  sump pan to remake the joint with the crankcase, and also
had been thinking about thrust washers.
I have measured the gap between the rearmost Crank  counterbalance and the
back of the crankcase, about .040". Then inserted a long screwdriver between
the front of the crank and the front of the case and levered back hard.
There was a perceptible  movement rearwards of the crankshaft (and the
flywheel) and the rear gap has diminished to around .028".
Would I be correct in thinking this method has measured the fore and aft
play of the crank? If so do I need to replace the thrust washer?
Thoughts would be welcome.

David Brister
1967 TR4A

It has removed 1184 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

===     http://www.vtr.org