Re: Stuck brake drums

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stuck brake drums
From: "Randy&Val DeRuiter" <deruiterville@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:47:35 -0600
Tired to send this earlier so apologies if this gets repeated on the list.

I just had the stuck brake problem on the TR4 I bought - had to drag it on
the trailer as I didn't have enough tools to tackle.  Once in the garage, my
fix was to remove the bolts holding the brake adjuster to the backing plate.
  I didn't undo the wheel cylinder because I didn't have to, but the
hydraulic line and clips for the cylinder could also be removed.

I wound up putting a hub puller on and gently persuading the drum off - with
the hardware loose from the backing plate there was enough play to get
everything off gently.  The casualty to this was broken clips attached to
the shoe hold-down pins.  Not a problem as they are pretty easily replaced.

===     http://www.vtr.org