RE: Clutch inspection plate

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Clutch inspection plate
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 07:12:09 -0800
> Yesterday I finally mated my engine and box, after all the excitement
> of how easily they went together and bolted up I realised I was
> missing the inspection plate that bolts to the bottom of the
> bellhousing. I presume two things; this can be done after the box is
> mounted?, and the clutch slave cylinder bracket shares two of the
> holes?, oh yes I am guessing this bracket goes on the bellhosing lip
> side and not the engine side?.

Correct on all counts.  It's also by no means essential ... you can drive the
car without it (although obviously it's better to have it).

> One final thing, does anyone have one of these plates, as it was not
> in the "box of bits" I like to call my TR2 I don't see it listed by
> the big suppliers either.

I haven't tripped over one lately, although no doubt there is one lurking
somewhere in my stash of parts (assuming a TR3 plate is the same).  However, I
suspect you'd rather find one closer to home ... UPS estimates shipping to
Dublin at 60 USD.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org