Clutch inspection plate

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch inspection plate
From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 09:34:15 +0000
Morning all,
Yesterday I finally mated my engine and box, after all the excitement
of how easily they went together and bolted up I realised I was
missing the inspection plate that bolts to the bottom of the
bellhousing. I presume two things; this can be done after the box is
mounted?, and the clutch slave cylinder bracket shares two of the
holes?, oh yes I am guessing this bracket goes on the bellhosing lip
side and not the engine side?.
One final thing, does anyone have one of these plates, as it was not
in the "box of bits" I like to call my TR2 I don't see it listed by
the big suppliers either.
Regards
John
--