Rookie Done and Back From Test Drive

To: Triumph Email List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Rookie Done and Back From Test Drive
From: Marty Clark <marty.tr6@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 23:02:20 -0700
At last - done. Had major problem with last inside training arm. The bolt
would not come out (bent?) so I couldn't get the mounting bracket off it.
Ended up cutting both ends of bolt between the bushing and the bracket and
then drilling out the bushing. Got a class(?) 8 replacement bolt but it has
low thread count, 14, instead of the (20 I think) on the old one. Upon
reassembly I noticed the damper arm on the passenger side is bent right at
the top washer, above the trailing arm and the outside trailing arm bracket
looks bowed, it doesn't sit flush against the frame. More parts to order for
another day.

Good news is the rear end now sits up and the headlights now light up the
road in front on me. The camber was gone when I finished and the car was
still in the garage but after the test drive it now has a very slight one,
but nothing like before.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me through this. I promise to not do
anything thing else for a little while!

Marty Clark
Gilbert, AZ
1974 TR6 CF17352U