TR6 valve clearences

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 valve clearences
From: "Thomas Note" <tom623@glinenet.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 00:30:50 -0500
I'm planning on checking/adjusting the valve clearances on my daughter's '76
TR6. A list of mods provided by the PO stated that he installed an "Isky
street cam".  No additional specs. or description.
Clearance for the stock cam is spec'd. @  0.010" cold.
I recall some comments by other TR6 owners I've met , stating that they
adjust to 0.015", or even 0.020", and one said to adjust hot,  but I'm not
sure which cam they had.
Should a non-stock cam still be adjusted to 0.010"cold, or to some wider
gap?

TIA,
Tom

===     http://www.vtr.org