Rookie Doing TR6 Rear Trailing Arm Bushings and Springs - Inner

To: Triumph Email List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Rookie Doing TR6 Rear Trailing Arm Bushings and Springs - Inner
From: Marty Clark <marty.tr6@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 00:08:19 -0700
Once again didn't pay close attention to the book. Got everything off up to
the actual training arm. Got the outer bolt off and made sure the trailing
arm moved and would come out of the bracket and then moved to the inner
bolt. Got it free after some fighting only to discover the bolt wouldn't
clear the frame. Re-read the book and it says for the inner to remove the
mounting bracket instead. Well those nuts wouldn't move at all so I've
Kroiled up all four inner bracket bolts and will try them tomorrow.

I puchased slip joint boots to replace while doing the rest of this. The
opening toward the outside of the car is a tight fit over the spindle so I
did not remove the old one because I want to make sure the new one does
really streath enoght to go over it. Now that I've got the spindle out
should it be lubed with something before going back in?

Oh yeah, the house lights are 2/3 done and outside trees lights 1/2 done.

Marty Clark
Gilbert, AZ
1974 TR6 CF17352U

===     http://www.vtr.org