RE: H6 spring

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: H6 spring
From: "rgt2" <rgt2@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 09:23:43 -0800
>> At about midnight last night I was putting one of my SU H6 carbs back
>> togather after diassembling it months ago.  Can someone please verify if
the
>> small spring (not visable from outside the carburator (once it is
assembled)
>> and surrounds the jet is indeed about 1" in length and 1/4" in diameter?

>Yup, that's it.  IMO should be replaced if you don't know it's history,
since
>some mechanics will stretch it to try to keep the gland from leaking, which
will
>lead to a choke that doesn't return properly.

Anyone with experience with the o-ring replacement for the cork glands in
the
H6 carb that Moss sells (part number 365-420)? I bought a set of these but
have not tried them. I assume one uses the same cupped washers in the same
configuration with them on the jet.

When I rebuilt my H6 carbs I used the cork gaskets that were included in the
rebuild kit.  The chokes seemed very tight.  I purchased the o-rings and
replaced the corks with them.  Much improved choke operation with no leaks.
Have only been in place a year and have no prior experience as to the
durability of the cork seals, but am very happy with the o-rings.

Rod Trunnell
TR3B TCF1037L