TR4: window channel removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4: window channel removal
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:07:02 -0800
Listers,

My driver's side window is toast - badly scratched because the PO(s)
didn't bother to maintain the vertical channels in which the window
panes slide.  Anyway, I need to replace the window, as the scratches
can't be buffed out.  What's the list.recommendation on how to best
remove the channel (item number 30 on Moss' Web page
http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29167#30)
(tnx Moss for providing such a terrific Web resource for us!).  Mine
is pretty rusty, so am concerned about structural integrity as I remove it.

TIA, and Happy Thanksgiving to one and all

Jim

--
Jim Hassall
'64 TR4 in autox prep: 90% finished, 90% to go

===     http://www.vtr.org