RE: H6 spring (Now O-ring)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: H6 spring (Now O-ring)
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 07:26:32 -0800
> Anyone with experience with the o-ring replacement for the cork glands in the
> H6 carb that Moss sells (part number 365-420)? I bought a set of these but
> have not tried them.

I've used them, they worked very well for me.  Don't wear and start leaking
nearly as quick as the cork ones on a daily driver.

Another tip that helps with either type of gland : new jets are not properly
polished so you need to polish them yourself.  Taking the surface to a gloss
before installing them will improve the choke return action, and make the gland
last longer.  I've repaired several "choke won't return" problems that way.

> I assume one uses the same cupped washers in the same
> configuration with them on the jet.

That's right.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org