Dia. Tr4 Badge Bar

To: N197tr4@cs.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dia. Tr4 Badge Bar
From: scharfr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 12:45:04 -0500
Joe, List:

  The diameter of the badge bar on my TR4 is spot-on at 0.75 inch. This
bar is an old original, probably made by either Desmo or Amco, although
it isn't marked. The design is unique to the TR4 and won't fit a TR3 or
TR4A/TR250.

  The bar itself has a slight bend at its midpoint to mimic the leading
edge of the hood. Seen from above, it nicely matches the line of the
hood. Installation is via tabs welded on near the bar's outboard ends
which mount to the front overriders using the bolt location that also
accommodates the support struts that tie the overriders, through the
lower grill holes, into the front inner fenders. It has two further
tabs between the overrider locations for mounting spot lights. Badges
would be attached with the adapter clips you find from Moss, TRF, et al.

  If you need other dimensions let me know. I could probably remove the
bar before winter really sets in and make a drawing. For reference,
this is an original bar to the same design that someone has recently
reproduced in limited numbers and offered on eBay. If you recall the
item, it was shown on a handsome, bright yellow TR4. The few that were
offered fetched some equally handsome prices.

 Bob

 >>>Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 23:17:21 EST
 >>>From: N197TR4@cs.com
 >>>Subject: Need Diameter of Badge Bars

  >>>Can anyone tell me the standard diameter of the TR3/4/4A Badges
Bars?

===     http://www.vtr.org