RE: Ammeter hookup?

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ammeter hookup?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 05:43:13 -0800
> I had to have another Ammeter because I must have misplaced the original.  I
> bought a $20 cheap (temporary)replacement at the local autoparts store.  It
> has only 2 terminals (like the original) and I am hoping to hook it up just
> like the original.  Can I do this?

It's certainly possible.  Whether you're able is a different question <G>

Most likely the existing dash light won't work, so if you plan to drive at night
you might want to hook up the light in the new gauge.  Otherwise it should work
fine.

BTW, $20 would have bought you an original ammeter.  They're quite rugged, so
there's a lot of them still around and tired looking originals don't bring much
on eBay.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org