Re: TRF Loan ...

To: anabil007@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TRF Loan ...
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:40:41 EST
In a message dated 11/20/2005 10:49:21 AM Central Standard Time,
anabil007@comcast.net writes:
> I am interested in the TRF loan program outlined in their  latest
> catalog.   10% sounds like a good deal to me, much more than my
> current bond fund is producing.  Added  benefit  is you get 33%
> discount on parts ...
> I am soliciting opinions/experiences from you folks, knowing that the
> wealth of information  out there is just waiting  to be mined.
> Thanks  for your input (s)

Since I am embarking on a TR3 ground-up I, too, am considering this avenue.
It is not risk-free but I figure that money spent on restoring an old British
car is pretty much disposed income anyway an additional $5,000 lost (in the
very unlikely event of a bankruptcy) is just part of the equation.  Remember,
this is a hobby, not a retirement fund.  Besides, people have been predicting
the eminent demise of TRF for many years and have been proven wrong all along.

And it is hard to beat 10%.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org