Re: All I could find was............

To: "Jim S." <aztvr@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: All I could find was............
From: philip ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 21:13:01 -0600
On Nov 20, 2005, at 11:47 AM, Jim S. wrote:

> I really loved Satch Carlson's column in Autoweek
> until his departure.
> Your email prompted me to do a Google search...
> Here's his website.
>
> http://www.alaska.net/~satch/

This Website looks out-of-date, but the BMW club site still shows:
"Editor-in-Chief Satch Carlson"

My old rally navigator, Tim Winker, owned the USA SAAB Club for a
number of years, ran it out of Duluth.  During this time, he called
up the head honcho at SAAB USA and asked for a car to run the One
Lap.  "What color?", the guy asked.  SAAB supplied a Silver-Grey
9000CD and Tim ran the event with Satch Carlson and a guy from
Grassroots Motorsports.  Along the way, Tim was careful to observe
the first rule of rallying:  Don't throw up IN the car.  I think they
got the side of the car properly washed before returning it to SAAB.

1962 TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata C package
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/
http://www.lotuseuropa.org/gallery/view_album.php?
set_albumName=philethier

===     http://www.vtr.org