TR4 - Transmission?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 - Transmission?
From: "Tim I. Purdy" <timipurdy@citlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 13:02:38 -0800
Just when I thought all was well with the new hi torque starter motor
installed Friday, alas a new symptom has developed.  For some time, every now
then, when shifting, it would be kind of hard, not really wanting to go from
one gear to the other.  Then today I was driving out to the ranch, going
around 50 mph the TR just wanted to like jump or lurch forward.  Considering
the ranch, is kind of isolated, I decided just to return home, since I had
only gone five miles.  On the return, the TR died at a stop sign. It
re-started just fine.  Then on the way back it did another lurching/jerking
thing, and another episode where the engine, just died, as if someone had
turned the ignition off, but on this particular incident, I was just driving
down the road, not like when I stopped, and it really stopped. Luckily, it
starts right up.

So do I have a transmission problem, along with something else?  I replaced
the clutch two years ago.  As usual I certainly appreciate every one's input.

Thanks,

Tim I. Purdy

Susanville, CA

===     http://www.vtr.org