RE: TR4 - Transmission?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 - Transmission?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 17:30:48 -0800
> For some time, every now
> then, when shifting, it would be kind of hard, not really wanting to go from
> one gear to the other.

>  Then today I was driving out to the ranch, going
> around 50 mph the TR just wanted to like jump or lurch forward.  Considering
> the ranch, is kind of isolated, I decided just to return home, since I had
> only gone five miles.  On the return, the TR died at a stop sign. It
> re-started just fine.  Then on the way back it did another lurching/jerking
> thing, and another episode where the engine, just died, as if someone had
> turned the ignition off,

Sounds to me like you have two separate problems going on here.  The first one
sounds like a clutch problem, dragging perhaps.  The second one sounds more like
electrical, perhaps a broken or shorting wire inside the distributor, or maybe a
break in the wire to the hot terminal of the coil.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org