Re: Mailing List Affecting TR4 Performance

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:54:09 -0700
Jeffrey J. Barteet wrote:

>I am curious if any of you have experienced the phenomenon of having the
>mailing list subjects actually affect the car sitting in the garage?

Several years ago during a thread about reliability and Triumphs off the
road for long periods, I posted something like "I haven't had the car
off the road for more than a week in three years of ownership." Then I
went out to lunch and ran into a Ford Explorer. Off the road for plenty
more than a week. I clearly need to install a wood dash for knocking.

But since my coil failed 1 1/2 hours after I bought the TR4 -- my first
drivable Triumph -- I always assume *any* problem is a bad coil. Won't
start? Coil. Stumbling when hot? Coil. One of the tires losing air?
Coil. Losing my hair? Coil.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2