Re: head is off!

To: themoody5@msn.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: head is off!
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 19:37:52 EST
In a message dated 11/11/2005 9:33:55 PM Central Standard Time,
themoody5@msn.com writes:
> I have question
> about the clyinders in a TR6 block - are they lined?  I ask because the
> metal around the cylinders - maybe a 1/16-3/32 or so is a slightly different
>
> color than the rest of the block.

I think what you are seeing is the crimp of the head gasket.  It is not
typical to sleeve a cast iron block unless it is a repair of a badly scored
cylinder in which case they woul line only the bad cylinder.

But I, too, have seen what you describe and I attributed that to the gasket.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org