TR3 caliper curiosity

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 caliper curiosity
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 19:25:25 -0500
I am on my TR3's caliper brakes now.  And have properly put both primary and
secondary seals on (O-ring & dust seal's are in their groves).  I also split
the caliper and inserted a new little o-ring (from Moss) and torqued the
bolts to 75 lbs.  Upon taking the halves apart again (just for curiosity
sake), the little o-ring is still in it's thin state and not flat shaped
like the one that came out of it.  Why?
    Also, where are the other bolts that, I was told, get torqued to 45

thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A

===     http://www.vtr.org