Was Italia - Now Peerless & Doretti

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Was Italia - Now Peerless & Doretti
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@tvwireless.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:08:52 -0800
     They made 249 Phase 1 Peerless's (but who's counting) in 58 and 59 with
the standard TR3 engines. 49 Phase 2 Peerless's  (revised headlights, stronger
doors) followed them with TR3 engines. In 1961 Peerless went under and the
builders re-organized to built the Warwick, which was a revised Phase 2
Peerless. 27 Warwicks were made with TR3 engines and two more were made with
aluminum Buick V-8's. These were referred to as the Warwick 3500 GT.
     More info  can be found on the Peerless/Warwick website at
http://www.peerless-gt.co.uk/.  There are even 2 Peerless projects and a
restored Warwick for sale there. One Peerless is in California for sale.
     I almost bought Peerless #213 last year, but the missus put the clamps on
it hard. She said no more projects, but I can buy a driving car if I find it.
Then again, for what it costs to restore a Peerless I could pick up a used
Asotn Martin V-8.

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA
     1960 TR3A & a classic Mini Cooper