GT6 Questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 Questions
From: ols@bcdef.net
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 18:32:11 -0500
Hi all

I just purchased (from the widow of the original owner) a 1968 GT6 MK
I to add to my collection.  It's been sitting in her garage untouched
for a couple of years, and there are a few things I'd like to run by
the group.

1.  The front of the car sits SUBSTANTIALLY higher than the back- is
this right? If not, is the front too high, or is the rear too low?
What may cause this?

2. The shifter is as loose as any I've ever used.  When in gear, you
can move it several inches both horizontally and vertically.  It can
be lifted as well (I don't know how much because I was afraid that I
would pull it right out and then not be able to put it back.  Any
idea what this is?

Other than that it seems to be a solid, original, rust free car.

Thanks

Alex