Re: Triumph List vs Mini List

To: bbrewer@qnet.com
Subject: Re: Triumph List vs Mini List
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:47:45 -0400
On Thursday 30 June 2005 12:28 pm, bbrewer@qnet.com wrote:
>       I am a bit distressed over some of our recent flame wars on the
> Triumph list.
>      I have a Mini Cooper as well as a TR3 and have joined three Mini lists
> as well. The Yahoo Mini list, minis@autox.team.net and the other is the
> Mini Bulletin Board at MiniMania.com. Interestingly enough, the different
> lists have personalities all their own. I don't really enjoy the Yahoo Mini
> list and will probably unsubscribe. The minis@autox.team.net list is now
> dead because flame wars and infighting.
>      The Mini Mania bulletin board allows you to post jpegs because it is
<cut>

Bill,

I agree 100%.

I dropped off the brit-iron-l list (british motorcycles) because of all the
politics etc. Left - right whatever. I got sick and tired of all the non
motorcycle crap.

I subscribe to other motorcycle lists, but there is alot of chatter that is
just a waste of time. Over 50 % of the posts resemble chat line posts! I will
be un-subscribing from most of them soon.

This list still seems to stay to on point. Most if not all of this list's
members stay focused on Triumphs, tools maintenance etc. As far as the
deviations in the past talking about judging, VTR etc. I just delete them. I
never plan to have my car judged by anyone but me and I am a 20 year member
of VTR.

And since I am in the middle of a full body -off - frame restoration of a 63
TR4, I will be needing the collective advice of all those TR4 owners out
there.

As far as the restoration, the frame is done, both the front and rear
suspensions are installed as well as all break lines and components, sans
master cyls. The frame looks real nice with the silver brake lines etc.

Next step is to start work on the engine.

I hope to have the lower frame complete with drive train finished by the end
of summer. All that will remain is the body, fenders, doors etc. +
electricall and interior. This will be both a physical and $$ challenge!

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1963 TR4
1974 T140V