Triumph List vs Mini List

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph List vs Mini List
From: bbrewer@qnet.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:28:30 -0700
      I am a bit distressed over some of our recent flame wars on the Triumph
list.
     I have a Mini Cooper as well as a TR3 and have joined three Mini lists as
well. The Yahoo Mini list, minis@autox.team.net and the other is the Mini
Bulletin Board at MiniMania.com. Interestingly enough, the different lists have
personalities all their own. I don't really enjoy the Yahoo Mini list and will
probably unsubscribe. The minis@autox.team.net list is now dead because flame
wars and infighting.
     The Mini Mania bulletin board allows you to post jpegs because it is not an
email list. There are several members involved in self-gratifiation and feel
compelled to respond to every post with little quips and snied remarks. Their
involvement gets old fast and they feel that the list is their personal
playground. Lots of flame wars. Most bulletin board members log in with alias
names and have some anonimity, although you can find their email addresses in a
profile.
     Lots of little boy game playing on the MM bulletin board. Several members
encourage other members to "shun" certain people. One AH was encouraging others
to shun me because I had asked "who is going to Buttonwillow for the MOSS
event". No one responded to his "shun" and now he has dropped off the bulletin
board.
     I feel that Mini owners are compensating for something. Lots of them seem
uptight and game playing. There are a lot of good people and some longstanding
UK Mini experts there though. It is a pretty good bulletin board
      The reason for pointing this out is because the Triumph List has been
something very good for all of us and it is sad whenever there is any
infighting or complaining. Let's just stick to the task at hand and be glad
with what we have.

     Bill Brewer