RE: TR3a misfiring when hot

To: <VALURX@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3a misfiring when hot
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:45:13 -0400
I just went through something similar with my TR6. At first it was a slight
miss. Then the miss got more frequent and worse. Finally, the more/hotter it
ran, the more it misfired, backfired etc. This all happened over about a 3
week period. I replaced the coil today and all is well based on driving it
for about an hour tonight. ISTR from an old list posting that a bad coil
gets worse as it gets hotter. Anyhow...so far everything seems to be working
great.  Fingers crossed :-)

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org