TR3a misfiring when hot

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3a misfiring when hot
From: VALURX@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:45:12 EDT
I have a 1961 TR3a which has just had a complete engine rebuild.  It runs
fine while cool, and sometime fine when hot (operating temperature).  But every
so oten after being driven a while, it starts missing and sputtering, feeling
and sounding just like 1 or more cylinders were not firing. The mechanic at
first thought that the plugs were loading up due to incorrect choke usage, but
we
replaced them and no difference.  The problem here is that the mechanic
passed away over the winter and I've not gotten to see his assistant, who is
now in
business for himself (but on vacation now).  Any ideas?  Thanks,  Allen Cohen