Re: Weber DGEV question

To: "Bill Miller \(LBC's\)" <lbcs@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Weber DGEV question
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@notwires.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 16:45:22 -0500
Bill:

I found the following installation instructions for this conversion - you
might check to make sure everything is plumbed correctly and the electrical
connections are correct:
http://www.keystonemg.com/tech/installing-weber.html

I also noted from the following website
http://www.racetep.com/webrebuild.html that the DGEV has an accelerator
pump - maybe there is a problem with this and the mixture gets too rich when
you accelerate away from a stop, which would certainly give you the symptoms
you describe.  I assume there is an accelerator pump jet - maybe a smaller
one is required.  As far as I know, there are no mixture screws - Webers are
fixed jet carburettors and I assume you adjust mixture by changing jet
sizes.

This website has a lot of info:  http://www.redlineweber.com/.  Maybe a call
to this company might give you the answer, and they can probably supply the
parts.

Another thought that I have is that the choke may be stuck partly closed.
This might also give you the symptoms you described, plus would explain your
need to hold the accelerator down when you start it warm.  But, I am no
expert on Webers so I may well be full of sh-- with this whole theory!
Maybe Teri-Anne has some thoughts, although I think she runs DCOEs.

Michael Marr
1960 TR3A
Naperville, IL