Re: u joints

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: u joints
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:15:26 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hmmm....  well you may be right. I had the wrong part number. I was looking at
the flanges for the
rear axels. The ujoints are the same and they sure look the same but the drive
shaft flange is a
slightly larger diameter. The bolt pattern appears to match. The shoulders of
the ujoint cup holes
appear to be larger on the drive shaft flange as well. The part numbers cast
into them are
different. Kind'a looks like maybe they could be interchanged? I wonder if they
ever get mixed up
and installed in the wrong place.

Don Malling