RE: TR8 shifter position

To: "'john taylor'" <jat1127@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: TR8 shifter position
From: "Odd Hedberg" <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 18:15:08 +0100
Cc: "1-Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Thanks John,
I can take it from there.

It's ~30 mm from the trim ring screw to the edge of the body
aperture in my car, so that would put the lever ~30-35mm into
the hole...
Meaning; the body aperture can't easily handle a R380 gearbox
- if the R380 extension is left un-shortened, since the R380
with a TR8/SD1 bell housing positions the lever 42mm rearwards
of the oem TR8 position.  And that's somewhere 'in' the hand-
brake lever... :-(

Thanks
and a happy new year to you too,
/Odd