re: u joints

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: u joints
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 15:50:22 EST
IMO - it would be best to replace damaged flange with a new or good used
item. Used should be cheap and plentiful.. I just saw the whole TR6 drive shaft
assembly NOT sell on eBay for 0.99 cents - I would think 1 good used flange
would be fairly cheap.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74
-------
Hope you all had a happy holiday, and had some lbc time!
this is my first time doing u joints, and after spending way too much time
actually getting them apart, discovered this:
http://www.sumton.com/daves/cars/tr6109.JPG
should i replace this piece?  (it's from the drive shaft on a 72 tr6,
actually)
thanks!
btw here's what it looked like on the car!!
http://www.sumton.com/daves/cars/tr6107.JPG